Thursday, March 30, 2006

Shadow on the wall

(Unknown poet)

No one tried to notice me,
They acknowledged I was there,
But they didn't really truly see,
They didn't have the time to care.

I was always present,
Like a shadow on the wall,
Always with them, waiting silently,
For someone I knew to call.

But no one ever did,
I waited there in vain,
Never daring to speak out,
Restricted by my pain.

How I longed to be wanted,
For someone to make space,
So I could slip in next to them,
Have my own special place.

But I knew there never would,
Be a space made just for me,
I was an outcast on the outskirts,
Trying to get in desperately.

The more I tried to fit in,
The more obvious it became,
I wouldn't survive in this world,
Cause I couldn't play their game.

So now ill quietly leave,
Drifting day by day,
Wondering my own land,
Until I finally fade away.

I wont let them pity me,
I wont let them see me fall,
They'll only notice that im gone,
When there's no shadow on the wall.

No comments: